Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Did It!

I did it!!! Yesterday, I finally took my drivers test and I passed . . . I am an official licensed driver! At age 16 when everyone else was learning to drive, I was fighting for my life. Well, now I have a beautiful life AND a drivers license!

At the age of 16 when all of humanity is thinking of nothing but driving and dating, I was waging a battle for my life. I had a malignant brain tumor. Surgeries, meds, and other procedures left me drugged and with blind spots. I lost all confidence in myself regarding driving and for many years, I just was too afraid to attempt driving . . . then, I married my Ben. Ben has always believed I could do anything, including driving. He bought me a car and I started practicing. Everywhere we went, he had me drive. He never gave up on me! So yesterday, with the threat of my permit expiring at the end of the month and with a blessing from my husband I took my driver's test -- I passed! I couldn't believe it, I passed.

Terrible picture, but had to prove I am a proud owner of a driver's license. To celebrate the great event, my husband and baby boy went out and bought me a charm for my bracelet.
I truly am blessed and have a beautiful life!





1 comment:

Jamie said...

CONGRATS! That's awesome Megan.