Monday, July 18, 2011

National Ice Cream Day and Romance!


Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month in 1984. He also appointed the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day. Reagan recognized the popularity of ice cream in the United States (90% of the nation's population consumes ice cream)and stated that these two events hould be observed with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."

I married into an ice cream lovin' family. They don't take their passion for this frozen treat lightly, they pile bowls full to celebrate even the slightest occasion and being a true Ipson my little Zack has become a true ice cream officienado. His favorite at this moment is Strawberry -- YUMMY! On Zack's 2nd birthday when we had difficulty getting downstairs to open his presents, we asked him; "Zack, do you want some ice cream?" and lickety split, he flattened out his body and slid down the stairs in a matter of a second. Of course, we temporarily skipped the presents and devoured cake and ice cream!

So, why am I discussing ice cream, other than it is National Ice Cream Month? On Sunday, we celebrated National Ice Cream day with giant waffle cones filled with ice cream and my precious, loving, romantic husband had attached a silver ice cream cone charm on my cone. He said it was to represent ice cream day and becoming a Mom again, but I've always wanted an ice cone to represent him on my bracelet. So, to me it represents all of that, but mostly, my sweet my husband.
I love my husband so much, I couldn't have asked for a better, harder-working, more honorable man. I am truly blessed.

No comments: