Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Zack!


It's so hard to believe that a year has passed since Heavenly Father brought this amazingly funny, active precious spirit into my life. I had never really longed to be a mother like some women, mostly because of my health. But, once he was here I cannot imagine ever having lived without this glorious, precious experience. I love being a mother and I love my Zack more than I could ever even explain. March 7th we celebrated Zack's first birthday, it was such a fun day! He wore his Birthday Boy outfit with a matching bib and cute little socks to church and then afterwards, during his nap time Ben and I finished getting ready for the party! We had all of our family over. My parents, my sister Becky and her kids Molly, Ben, Katie, Jack, Hannah, Emma, my grandparents, Richard and Phyllis (Duane's parents), Ben's uncle Alan and Aunt Lori, and their children, Jessie, Christan,Jackie, Ciera, and Jonathan.

The theme was Monkeys. We got out all the monkeys we had all over the living room.

We had one of Zack's Favorite meals -- PIZZA!!!!! We decide to order and get Papa Merphy's the night before and then we baked them the next day. So much easier to do that then making home made.

We had 2 birthday cakes one for Zack to destroy it had a monkey on top of it and one for everyone else to have which was a banana and it was so yummy and it was homemade.
Zack had some of that as well.

Well with his cake he destroyed it really well. it was like anWell with his cake he destroyed it really well. it was like an earth quake had happen on that cake.

He received so many presents -- chuck&friends trucks, books, little shoes, alligator xylophone, sesame street stuffed characters, Elmo See & Say, an old fashion toy phone that both Ben and I had when we were kids, bath toys, lots of clothes and a lot more! One of his sweetest presents was a homemade afghan that his Daddy made for him.

At the end of the night he was really tired form all the excitement. But it was a really great day.

I am so blessed to have Zack in my life.



No comments: