Friday, September 18, 2009

A Blessing and a Blessing

When looking back at my short life, I can't recall ever having that overwhelming desire to be a Mom. My big sister, Becky was destined to be the mother of many children (and she is) because it was inherently a huge part of her soul. Me? I was content just being the spoiling, attentive aunt for a very long time . . . then I met, fell in love with and married my dearest husband and he changed my mind. So, we decided to start a family. After one failed pregnancy, which just broke my heart and was physically hard on me it took nearly a year to conceive my Zacky. Zacky started out a bit rough, I lost his twin and nearly lost him as well and as I look back now, I realize that it was all Heavenly Father's way of jump starting that maternal side of me.

Zackary Duane was so very welcomed into our family and indeed, into my heart. He has been that blessing that I was searching for and didn't know I needed all my mortal life. I love this boy so very much, I can't imagine my life without him now.On Easter, we gathered to name and bless our precious blessing. Ben's parents and brother traveled to Oklahoma from Sandy, Utah and Ben's Uncle Alan and family came over from Jenks. From my side, I had my sister Becky and her 7 children, my parents, of course and unbelievably, my non-member grandparents came!!! The blessing was so sweet, it was so wonderful to hear him bestowed the name of Zackary (a name I have loved since I was a tweener.) Duane (for my dearest brother-in-law whom we lost to colon cancer . . . a truly great man!) Ipson and to hear all the promises and possibilities that will be his if he continues a righteous path. I can't wait to see all that our Heavenly Father has in store for my boy.Zack was dressed in a beautiful hand-made blessing gown that his Great-grandma Ipson sent. (Thank you so much Grandma Durney, you are such a treasure in our lives.) In the circle stood Zack's: Daddy (my DH), Papa Pete Barnett, Great Uncle Alan Durney, Grandpa Larry Ipson, Bishop Anderson, Br. Mike McLea, Br. Bryan Dabney, Br. Randy Hill, Br. Tom O'Dell and my sweet nephew Ben Summers held the mike, so he could at least represent my brother-in-law Duane (his namesake) that had passed away during my pregnancy.

No comments: